Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day...

Well as we all know yesterday was the father's day. In my house, father's day means another headache. On going lists of places to go just to please my very demanding dad. Things can't be cheap, it cannot be not meaningful, it cannot taste any less than he expects(if food), it cannot be superficial like a tie(because we knows he doesn't uses a tie) and it certainly cannot be nothing.

As all the members in the house(with what little amount of them left in my house. They are either abroad studying or in NS.) agreed to bring my father to Duck King. Since we haven't been to Duck King. our hopes are high that my dad would just appreciate and not criticize the choice we have made based on the quality or the food because it has qualify all the other aspects.(yes we are very specific people)

So, with dad, mum, Hadrian, Stephen, and me left at home, we all drove of to JAYA 33 and headed to Duck King. We entered and asked for a table for five. We were lucky and got ourselves a place but it was not so strategic.( It was right next to the door)
Some really polite waitress came and took the order. In total we ordered about five to six dishes. It was all okay and the clams was exceptionally good. So go try it out. Even though i said the food was good the flow of the place sucks. Why? Because whenever i wanna have gestures to emphasis on my words, someone either block me or make me spill something. For instance, i was trying to point at the door which was annoying open again, the guy almost pour hot tea one me. That was fine. When i tried to use my other hand to claim my point, the was there by then and holding a huge dish threatening to spill on me. As if i am afraid. He dodges since i continued. (Mean and annoyed me)

After eating we got to the car and started to drive off. That was when my super sensitive to MSG dad says 'there is to much of MSG in the food. I will not come back again'. Triple sighs for me. When will he ever be satisfied?( Besides his own food though) Despite all those negative comments from everyone, we had a awesuper day.


To all father who didn't celebrate Father's Day, its okay, you have me to say 'Oi did you treat your family well???'

No comments: