Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Finals...Chess

Well, after lunch, i headed to 5 Science 1 with Darshina and Jaishree. The first great news that hit me when i reached was, I am playing against Huda. Everyone had to mention that Huda is a really amazing player which does nothing to calm me down. I have butterflies in my stomach for the whole time i was waiting for Huda to materialise. When Huda still have not appeared after ten minutes, the nervousness died down. Thinking that I might actually win by getting bye is the biggest mistake in my life. There she was walking towards the class. Darn!

The was half the game and i ate all of Huda's piece except her king. Yay me! Not to be perasan la. At first she was so geng okay. So i used my little trick again. I tried to make her think that i am always one step ahead of her. How? Its a secret. So at the end i won. To the shock of everyone. Then i had to play against Elizabeth who is rumored to be as good as Huda. What is my luck man? Jamie why did you lose to Eli la.

So, even if i am extremely reluctant, I had to play with Eli. Defense! Defense! Defense! That's all i can describe the pieces of Eli's. Every time i wanted to eat something of hers, i would get killed in return and decided against taking out her pieces rashly. Mind you, Eli is a hell of a player man. She gave me a skull splitting time. At the end, when she finally decides to make a mistake, there was when i march all the way. Again, she is left with one king. The end.

To me, wining chess is the resistance towards getting killed until your opponent makes a mistake then, you attack!

No comments: